Automating tasks is extremely beneficial since it frees us from having to worry about completing things manually and allows us to focus on other activities without having to wait for or complete them.
Do you know that you can set Windows 11 to shut down automatically on a schedule? As a result, your computer will power off when the timer expires. It’s a great setting to have if you’re going to leave a file downloading but don’t want your computer to stay on any longer than required.
Next, we’ll show you How To Setup Auto Shutdown on Windows 11 in two different ways, one of which doesn’t require you to download any additional software. You can get by with the tools offered by Microsoft’s own operating system.
WAY 1: SETUP AUTO SHUTDOWN IN WINDOWS 11 BY COMMAND PROMPT
1. Open Start Menu.
2. Open the RUN application.
3. Type CMD and hit Enter.
4. In command prompt, type shutdown -s -t [time to shutdown]. For example, to shutdown in an hour it would be shutdown -s -t 3600. The time is entered in seconds: 3600 seconds = one hour
WAY 2: SETUP AUTO SHUTDOWN IN WINDOWS 11 BY TASK SCHEDULER
1. Open Start Menu and write “Task Scheduler” then press Enter.
2. After Task Scheduler opens, go to right-side pane and click on Create Basic Task.
3. Type anything in Name Section, like I have written Shutdown, and then Click Next.
4. Select a time for the auto shutdown task to begin and then click Next.
5. Set a particular time for your Windows 11 to power down automatically, then click Next.
6. Select Start a program and click Next.
7. Tap the Browse Button. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32. Select the shutdown application file from the drop-down menu, then click Open.
8. Type –s in the box behind Add arguments (Optional) and then click Next.
9. Tap Finish. The setup will then take place, and your Windows 11 computer will shut down at the time you specify.
Additionally, you can cancel auto shutdown in Windows 11 by opening the Run dialogue box (or Command Prompt window) and then type shutdown –a followed by clicking OK to cancel the setup.