This article illustrates the root access via Magisk to enable the Motorola Moto G8 Power device. The steps to Root Moto G8 Power using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease have been elaborated here.
The customizations and tweaking of your device is the most favorite for Android users. One of them is rooting that offers a superuser or administrator to access the user for modifying the system files and apps quickly. There exist many chances for performing easily on rooted devices.
Some of them are:
- Users can edit or delete system root directory files,
- Overclock device performance,
- Use rooted apps,
- Install custom modules, and the list continues.
The Magisk is used to patch stock boot image while rooting your Moto G8 Power and flash it to the device boot partition. The answer to the question Why to use Magisk? It is probably because of its system-less root process that doesn’t tamper the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also reserve online security devices to work apps properly, like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
Moto G8 Power Specifications
The Moto G8 Power device operates on Android 10 with a stock-like unique Android UI. An octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 SoC, 4GB RAM, 64GB of onboard memory that can be expandable is used to power. It comes with an IPS LCD with Full-HD+ 1080×2280 pixels resolution with a pixel density of 400 PPI.
A triple rear camera of 48MP primary + a 16MP secondary + a 5MP tertiary lens that features PDAF, HDR, Panorama, AI Portrait mode, an LED flashlight, etc. can be found on the camera department. It has a 25MP selfie shooter, and a massive 5,000mAh battery backs the handset up to 2 days with exclusive fast charging support.
The design of Moto G8 emphasizes a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, an ambient light sensor, an accelerometer, proximity, and a compass sensor. The connectivity choices include a 3.5mm audio jack, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, FM Radio, USB Type-C port, Dual 4G VoLTE, etc.
Steps to Root Moto G8 Power using Magisk without TWRP
1. The phone battery should be minimum 60%
2. Take full backup of your device.
3. PC / Laptop is must needed and USB cable too.
It is advised to follow the steps mentioned in this post very carefully to avoid permanent damage or to brick your device. If anything goes wrong TheWorldsBestAndWorst is not responsible for it.
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- Extract the downloaded firmware to your PC.
- Find the boot.img from extracted firmware and transfer it to your device.
- Download and install Magisk manager to your device.
- Open Magisk manager and tap on INSTALL > INSTALL > PATCH BOOT IMAGE (Here you have to select the boot.img file which you have just transferred.)
- Now magisk has started the process to patch the boot.img
- Once the process is done, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the download folder and transfer to your PC.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Moto G8 Power
- Extract the ADB & Fastboot file and then move the “patched_boot.img” file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- To root you Moto G8 Power, enter the following command in command window/PowerShell:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- Use the following commands, for devices with A/B partition system:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
- Once the process is done, enter the following command to reboot your device. The process might take few seconds.
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE ROOTED YOUR MOTO G8 POWER WITHOUT TWRP RECOVERY
We hope you’ve found this guide helpful. If you are facing any issues while rooting or you need a rooting guide of any other mobile then just leave a comment, we will be happy to help you.