Because the GPU’s power limit varies between laptops, the same graphics card in two laptops may perform differently. This article is about how you can easily check GPU TDP on a laptop.
FOR A LAPTOP YOU HAVE ACCESS TO
What does software report?
- Open Nvidia control panel
- Click on “Help” and then click on “System Information“
- Maximum Graphics Power value will be shown in System information.
I suggest that you test yourself because the actual value varies depending on the dynamic boost.
CHECKING POWER LIMITS YOURSELF
- Download HWInfo and run this on your laptop
- To give load to GPU, open a Game with High Settings, I am Using Unigine Heaven benchmark.
- Scroll down to GPU in HWInfo, and there you will “GPU Power”
- Now see your tested results.
- If you want to know how GPU power behaves, then try a CPU stress like Aida64.