Trovo Live is a streaming platform that aims to compete with Twitch and Youtube. In this post, we’ll learn a little about Trovo Live and, more specifically, the various options available to the streamer and its monetization program: What is the best way to make money with Trovo Live? Can you make a living as a streamer better than on Twitch or YouTube?
It’s important to remember that Trovo is still in beta, so we’ll do our best to keep the information up to date with all of the changes. The truth is that because they are still experimenting, a lot of information is constantly changing, so we will give you very general information about how this platform works.
What is Trovo and it’s Features
Let’s put ourselves in context before we dive into the platform: Trovo is owned by Tencent, which also owns PUBG and Riot Games, as well as collaborating with industry titans such as Epic Games, Ubisoft, and Activision Blizzard.
When we first visit Trovo, we will notice an interface that is very similar to Twitch: a homepage with the most popular streamers (those with the largest audience), a list of recommended channels, and a menu to explore and discover different streaming categories. From the standpoint of the streamer, we also have the so-called creator panel, which allows us to configure everything we need for streaming.
Trovo has many features, but we’ll focus on the most important ones in this post: virtual currency (spells and gems), levels, the Trovo 500 partner program, and the Referral Program.
Spells and gems, Trovo Live coins
Before we get into Trovo’s monetization system, it’s important to understand how its virtual currencies work: spells and gems, which are similar to bits and cheers on Twitch.
On the one hand, there are the spells: Trovo viewers will be able to obtain two types of spells – Mana and Elixir – to exchange in the form of emotes and other effects during the streaming. Manas can be earned for free for hours of viewing (20 Manas for every 5 minutes of streaming), and Elixirs can be purchased for $0.99 USD, $4.99 USD, $9.99 USD, and so on. There are a few default spells, but as you level up, you’ll be able to add custom spells to your catalog.
On the other hand, there are gems, Trovo Live’s virtual currency. Gems can be obtained through the use of spells, subscriptions, or the completion of Trovo tasks. New gems are not generated by mana spells or free subscriptions. One dollar is roughly equal to 100 gems.
Trovo Live Levels: Requirements and Benefits
As you may be aware, obtaining affiliate status is the first step toward being able to monetize as a Twitch streamer. If you want to start earning money from your streams on Trovo Live, you must first reach level 1, which has simple requirements: 20 followers and a minimum of 5 hours of streaming.
There are no affiliate or partner statuses in Trovo, but it does work on a level system. We’ll go over the various levels below: the higher the level, the more benefits you’ll receive.
This is where you start once you have created your account. From the beginning you have the following benefits :
- Choose up to 20 moderators.
- Clip storage for 14 days.
- Option to put a fixed message in the chat for 4 hours.
Once we get to the next level, we can start monetizing the streams. The requirements are the following as mentioned above:
- Minimum of 20 followers
- Minimum of 5 hours of streaming
And the benefits you will get will be:
- Choose up to 30 moderators.
- Channel subscriptions.
- Referral program (explained later)
- Option to put a fixed message in the chat for 6 hours.
- Clip storage for 14 days.
- Receive spells.
- 1 custom Elixir spell.
- Purchase option for pinned messages.
- 2K: maximum money each time you claim your cash reward from redeemable gems.
To jump from level, you will have to meet the following requirements:
- 8 hours of streaming in the last 30 days
- 7 different streaming days in the last 30 days
- Average of 5 viewers
- Minimum 50 followers
With level 2, you will have the same advantages of level 1 but with some differences and improvements (those of level 1 that are the same are not mentioned because they are assumed to be included)
- 50 moderators
- Option to put a fixed message in the chat for 8 hours
- Clip storage for 30 days
- 1 Elixir spell and 1 custom Mana spell
- 6 custom emotes
- 20 hours of streaming in the last 30 days
- 10 different days of streaming in the last 30 days
- Average of 15 viewers
- Minimum of 300 followers
And now the advantages for the streamer, which would be those of Level 1 and 2 plus the following:
- 100 moderators
- 4K: Maximum money each time you claim your cash reward from redeemable gems
- 2 mana spells and 1 customizable Elexir spell
- Clip storage for 45 days
- Fixed message in chat for 10 hours
- 8 customizable emotes
- 50 hours of streaming in the last 30 days
- 12 different days of streaming in the last 30 days
- Average of 50 viewers
- Minimum of 1000 followers
Level 4 includes the advantages of the previous levels plus the following:
- 200 moderators
- 8K: maximum money each time you claim your redeemable gems cash reward
- 2 mana spells and 2 customizable Elexir spells
- Clip storage for 60 days
- Fixed message in chat for 12 hours
- 10 customizable emotes
And we come to the end, the highest level you can reach as a streamer . To achieve this you will have to comply with the following:
- 80 hours of streaming in the last 30 days
- 16 different days of streaming in the last 30 days
- Average of 150 viewers
- Minimum of 4000 followers
This would be the summary table of the five levels and the benefits:
Following that, we’ll explain what Trovo 500 is, as well as how to make money with Trovo Live. Trovo currently has a partnership program called Trovo 500, in which they have invested no less than $30 million as part of their launch strategy and to attract new streamers. The Trovo 500 program began in July 2020 and will run until the end of 2021, with the goal of assisting everyone from small streamers to the most popular: in exchange for participating, you will receive some benefits. Streamers are expected to aid in the spread and growth of the Trovo community.
Based on a tier ranking system, the reward system will be divided into five groups: Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, and Master. Bronze and Grand Master are two new levels that have been added. The Trovo 500 program invites 500 streamers every month.
There are a variety of ways to meet the needs of the groups, including adding more streaming hours, increasing the average number of viewers, and so on. If you want to be a part of this program, keep in mind that the selection criteria will be based on the audience, broadcast quality, content relevance, and a desire to help the Trovo community grow. If you believe you meet the above criteria, have streamed at least once on Trovo, have more than 50 followers, and have accumulated a minimum number of viewing hours, you may be eligible for silver or higher status, so please apply. Streamers on other platforms, such as Twitch and Youtube, can use the program (at least for now).
If you’re a member of the Trovo 500 program, you’ll get some bonuses (in the form of gems) based on your group’s performance (the higher the group, the higher the payment). Bonuses are also given to the top 20% of streamers in each group based on their highest ranking and growth rate.
The Trovo 500 program is updated almost monthly, and the requirements and incentives may change. You can always get the most up-to-date information by going to your Trovo channel’s Trovo 500 section, where you’ll find program details and the most recent updates.
Remember that you must have a minimum quality image to be considered for the Trovo 500 program. Don’t underestimate the value of good peripherals and accessories in providing high-quality streaming to your audience.
How to make money with Trovo Live: Summary
Currently, there are several ways to earn money with Trovo Live : some of them are very similar to the Twitch system but this new platform also has some innovations. As we have said in the previous point, in order to monetize your streaming, you must have at least level 1. Let’s see a summary:
- Trovo 500
- Subscription Program: Trovo Life also has a subscription program. Currently, there is a single option at $3.99 per month.
- Elixir Spells: Receiving spells of this type is like receiving Twitch bits which you can then redeem for gems and therefore money.
- Referral program: this functionality is new and is activated from level 1 as well. This program allows streamers who already have a profile on Trovo to recommend the platform to their friends as new streamers. You and the streamer you brought to Trovo will receive gems when the new streamer levels up within 180 days. It works with a unique code that you will find on the Trovo growth page that you will have to pass on to your friends to use when creating an account.
Yes. Once you join the Trovo Creator Partnership Program, you can earn money on Trovo.
You can earn up to $5000 per month on Trovo.
That’s hard to say and depends entirely on your preferences.
The platform is visited by about 100,000 viewers and streamers every day.