There’s nothing special about the OnePlus Nord looks, in terms of design. The phone feels thin and light for it’s size. The back pannel is made of glass and the frame is plastic. Overall, this is a premium design at a cheap price.
The Nord has no headphone jack but there is a speaker at the bottom which isn’t the loudest but it’s really clear and sound is pretty good.
The Nord has a 6.44 inch fluid Amoled display. I always loved Amoled panels on mid-rangers phones. It supports a 90 hertz refresh rate. Nord’s display isn’t the brightest display on the market and in the bright sunshine you won’t be able to see it properly. One thing I really loved that OnePlus Nord’s camera has the same specs as the OnePlus 8.
Nord has a 4115 mAh battery and the battery performance was fairly good in my use, the phone only lasted for one day. The provided warp charging adapter delivers 30 watts and can recharge the battery in half an hour to 50%, reaching a fully charged battery in an hour.
Above are the few intro features of Samsung Galaxy A51, now let’s move towards our goal. Our goal is to learn everything about How to root and Unlock bootloader of OnePlus Nord.
ADVANTAGES OF ROOTING ONEPLUS NORD
- Will Extend OnePlus Nord Battery life.
- Custom ROMs can be flashed on OnePlus Nord.
- You will be able to run special apps on OnePlus Nord.
- You can remove pre-installed apps on OnePlus Nord.
- Can boost CPU and GPU performance of OnePlus Nord.
DISADVANTAGES OF ROOTING ONEPLUS NORD
- Risk of “bricking” your OnePlus Nord.
- You won’t be able to use Banking Apps like Paypal, Payoneer.
- Your warranty will be void after rooting OnePlus Nord.
It is advised to follow the steps mentioned in this post very carefully to avoid permanent damage or to brick your device. If anything goes wrong TheWorldsBestAndWorst is not responsible for it.
1. You need to update the OxygenOS to the latest version (currently 10.5.2) from here.
2. Download Stock Firmware for OnePlus Nord.
3. I would highly recommend you to backup your device.
4. Download Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC and install it.
5. Download – Magisk Manager
6. You have to enable “OEM Unlock” and “USB Debugging” and for doing this GO TO Settings > About phone> Tap on Build Number 7 Times > Go back to Settings > system > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable the OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging.
UNLOCK BOOTLOADER OF ONEPLUS NORD
- Connect you OnePlus Nord to PC and open command window.
- You have boot into Fastboot Mode by typing the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now type the following command to unlock the bootloader of your device:
fastboot oem unlock
- Once the process is done, reboot your device and complete the OxygenOS setup process.
ROOT ONEPLUS NORD WITH MAGISK
- Install Magisk manager which you downloaded earlier.
- Extract the stock firmware and look for boot.img file.
- Now transfer the boot.img file to your device.
- Open Magisk Manager and tap on INSTALL → INSTALL → SELECT AND PATCH FILE. (Here you have to select boot.img which you have just transferred)
- Magisk will start the process to patch the boot.img file.
- Once the process is done, the patched file will be available in your phone’s Downloads folder.(magisk_patched.img)
- Connect your device and transfer the magisk_patched.img file to PC.
- Open command window in the folder where to just transferred magisk_patched.img file.
- Now you have to go back into Fastboot Mode by typing the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- After you are into bootloader, type “fastboot getvar current-slot“ and press Enter.
If the output is a, type “fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched.img” and press Enter. If the output is b, type “fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched.img” and press Enter.
- Lastly, reboot your Oneplus Nord.
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY ROOTED YOUR ONEPLUS NORD.
We hope you’ve found this guide helpful. If you are facing any issues while rooting or you need a rooting guide of any other mobile then just leave a comment, we will be happy to help you.