Finding the best screen recording program might be challenging, with many available options. While some of their more affordable models give the video waterworks, some expensive versions are just above the bar.
We’ve found that Screencast-O-Matic and Screencastify are the best options when everything is considered. Which one should you choose, though? In this article, let’s determine the solution!
Screencast-O-Matic vs Screencastify: Quick Comparison
These two platforms are made for sharing videos, as well as for editing and async video recording. They also can concurrently record the webcam and screen, which is fantastic. But we shouldn’t anticipate significantly better tools for free versions.
All sorts of operating systems are compatible with the screencasting tool Screencast-O-Matic. As a result, it will function flawlessly on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android! This recording program is among the most well-liked ones on the market because of its excellent compatibility.
You can use the desktop versions easily without being charged any money. However, if you want to record on a smartphone device, you’ll need to sign up for the Premier premium plan.
This software’s ability to record in 1080p on its trial edition is one of its best features, which is fantastic. The icing on the cake is the ability to record the camera and screen simultaneously.
When using this platform, there will never be a bother with setup. All you have to do to get started is install the Google Chrome extensions.
Speaking of Screencastify, it’s a fantastic Google Chrome that’s utilized for recording. Many talented YouTubers and video producers, like ourselves, can record it for their needs. Many users favor this recording platform since it dramatically simplifies their recording experience.
It’s time to start by clicking on the black box in the top right corner after Screencastify has been installed in the extension sector. You can change your camera and microphone settings to suit your tastes. Finally, you can now record your screen!
Screenastify can be an excellent option because of its free capabilities if you’re looking for a simple platform for your recording needs. Remember that they’re only appropriate for brief recordings. It could cause issues when recording a long video.
Screencast-O-Matic vs Screencastify: Video Size
When recording a screen, you must pay close attention to the video’s size. The results of a thorough comparison employing both systems for recording were as follows.
- Screencast-O-Matic’s video size is 9.50 MB.
- Screencastify, on the other hand, uses a massive 9.36 MB of storage space.
Therefore, it is clear that Screencast-O-Matic is the undisputed victor in this contest.
Screencast-O-Matic vs Screencastify: Game Recording
Since gameplay uses a lot of graphics, it necessitates a lot of power and keeps the GPU active. Which screen recording program works the best in this circumstance, then?
When it comes to Screencast-O-Matic’s file size, it occupies about 33 MB of storage. The length of a 10-second gameplay recording is this.
Screencastify uses about 15 MB of storage in the same amount of time.
Compared to its rival, Screencastify is unquestionably the winner in this situation. You can’t tell much of a difference between them because both give the highest resolution recordings in terms of video quality.
Screencast-O-Matic vs Screencastify: Pros and Cons
Here we will examine some benefits and disadvantages of various screen capturing platforms. And when using their free plans, all the advantages and disadvantages discussed in this section are considered.
Pros of Screencast-O-Matic
- The ability to record the screen is provided. You may start recording your screen right immediately because it’s free.
- For all users, Screencast-O-Matic provides a user-friendly interface.
- The experience of video editing is made more convenient by the ease with which you may apply any type of transition effects.
- Additionally, you can combine the automated captioning effect with the green screen effect.
- You can do that to take a screenshot of the screen in the middle of the recording.
- You can select whether you want to capture the entire screen or just a portion using Screencast-O-Matic.
- Additionally, you may use their programmed recording feature and instantaneously distribute recorded movies to other platforms.
Cons of Screencast-O-Matic
- It has a small number of editing features.
- While using multitrack editing falls short.
- Working with animations that can be added to the recorded video is not permitted.
- Additionally, Screencast-O-Matic does not provide complex education.
Pros of Screencastify
- Simultaneous screen and webcam recording are simple.
- The editing panel is entirely accessible to you.
- You can use it as an open-source Google Extension tool without having to go through the hassle of manually downloading and installing it.
- Video recording outside of a web browser is simple.
- For making quick videos, this recording program is ideal. Additionally, even when offline, recording displays is simple.
- It instantly saves the recorded file in Google Drive and supports saving 10-minute files in both mp3 and mp4 formats.
Cons of Screencastify
- Not a good choice for long-form video recording.
- Their watermarks can be seen in the recorded footage.
- Also absent from Screencastify is access to sophisticated editing tools.
- With the free trial edition, you are only permitted to record 50 films each month.
Screencast-O-Matic vs Screencastify: Pricing
Screencast-O-Matic gives customers a choice between two premium packages. Except for the ability to upload or share content online, their Deluxe subscription gives you access to everything you need. The total cost is $9.5 each month, which is a fantastic price. With all the access you need to have a professional screen recording experience, the Premier package is $17.5 a month.
Screencastify, on the other hand, offers three paid subscriptions. With an unlimited recording option and access to some excellent editing tools, the beginning pack costs $49 per year. The following plan offers special perks in addition to the same annual payment. The Submit plan package, which costs $99 per year, offers all the privacy controls and additional tools required to have the greatest experience.
To summarize, Screencast-O-Matic has a more practical premium option to record the screen than Screencastify.
Screencast-O-Matic vs Screencastify: Which to Choose?
To summarize all the factors, Screencast-O-Matic triumphs over Screencastify. One of the main reasons Screen-O-Matic won is that it works with PCs running any operating system, whereas Screencastify only supports browser versions.
Even though there isn’t a significant pricing difference, Screencast-O-Matic offers more capabilities for the same price as Screencastify.
By reading our conclusion, you must not conclude too quickly. Instead, we advise you to reconsider your preferences to choose the best one for you since each makes an incredible screen recording platform!
I’m Jaskaran Singh, a passionate tech enthusiast from Delhi, now based in Ahmedabad. My five-year journey as a tech writer has culminated in my role as the Editor in Chief at TheWorldsBestAndWorst, where I continue to explore and share the myriad facets of technology with my audience. Beyond writing, I also run a YouTube channel, with a community of 50,000 subscribers.